Wednesday, December 31, 2014
10 things that changed me in 2014
1. I stepped outside of my comfort zone traveling. I dislike traveling. This year we went to Mexico and found a new favorite family spot. Puerto Penasco. Colorado for David's work party, it was great but missed my kids. Pennsylvannia. I learned who I am and where I came from. I was born there and learned so much about my rich heritage and it was inspiring to say the least.Family history research has made me appreciate my family more. Families are forever, thank goodness. Technology makes it fun. I am thankful for my desire to learn about family history. I am thankful for the opportunity to see new places and appreciate getting out of Arizona even for short times...
2. The temple is powerful and the blessings we get from attending are real. Being a part of the new temple being brought to the valley inspired me to be a better patron in attendance. It blesses us. I am thankful for the knowledge the temple gives me.
3. I went back to college, at my favorite college. BYU- Idaho. If you know me then you know I love BYU. Period. I am thankful for education.
4. I read the Book of Mormon cover to cover after being inspired by an app on Instagram. It helped change my mind a little about my dislike for social media, yet here i am using it. I HAD to read the Book of Mormon for 2 of my classes and I am so thankful I had to because I got to read it. It was wonderful to get to read it again. . My testimony has grown tenfold. I am thankful for the scriptures that help me in my daily rollercoaster of life.
5. Because of the scriptures, my relationship with Christ, BYU and my husband and kids, trials seemed more doable. I have learned that the most important thing in life is to be surrounded by good people, that love and lift us. There are lots of good people that don't do that. This year I have realized the good in my life. We choose to be offended. I do believe to see the GOOD in people, but i do believe some do mean to offend. I have realized that I am oblivious, more than I originally thought. I am less trusting in people, trust needs to be earned. I am however much more trusting in the Lord. He is the only one not being persuaded by satan. I am thankful for those that show love to me and my little family, not hate.
6. I am so thankful for my health. More specifically for not having 1 shot or an cancer treatments this year. With 22 biopsies in 2013, 4 being cancer, No cancer treatments this year was awesome. I skipped 6 skin cancer appointments because I just couldnt do it. It felt good to not listen to the doctors for once, but mainly because I am a wimp. Cancer kicked my rear in 2013. 2014 was good! I am thankful for good doctors and good medicine.
7. My camera. I love to photograph humans and things created in this world. I have captured memories this year, some will never get back. This year I grew in a way I never knew I would by photographing life, and death, more than anyone should and I am so thankful for the trust in all my clients, friends and family as they let me photograph my favorite people. I am thankful for my NIKON Cameras !!
8. I learned how to find time to enjoy my kids. I am not a perfect mom, and still have a lot to learn, but my kids give me strength and help me be better. I love their innocence and honesty. They are real with me. I wish I remembered what it felt like to be a kid. They are so pure. I am so thankful to be a mom to kids that that love me unconditionally.
9. Miracles are real. Miracles really do happen and I am humbled to see it happen.
10. I have my own superman. Super Dave is what we call him, but he has strength like I have never seen. He is my favorite. He serves our family endlessly, while working full time, going to school fulltime, being the Bishop and serving endlessly and with great humbleness. We have been together over 17 years and he is mine. He really is the better half of me. He makes me better and teaches me and lets me teach him. I am thankful for him.
Happy New year to all my GOOD people. You are known and loved! May 2015 find you good.
lovin life by kary hoopes