Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Holy Grail of Races...The pinewood Derby


Connor had his 2nd out of 3 pinewood derbies and He won 1st place! We thought it was pretty cool. Connor was a very good sport about not rubbing it in. He did a great job. As the picture above. His car was totally GHETTO! he took one of my old phones and smashed it to pieces then collected all the pieces and put it together. The cars name was "no signal". He has a very creative mind. His best buddy who is a Wolf came in 2nd so Both families were pretty surprised because both had basic nothing special cars. all the other cars were way aerodynamic. Not Connor's....
......


David & Brother S judging while the Bishop spoke to the boys about sportsmanship. We had some trash talking at primary the week before, and a couple mom's called so I asked the Bishop to speak to the boys.




the dorky Cubmaster...oh wait that is me with my dumb haircut. it is so short in the back.




connor excited for the races to begin




the week before the races connor was so proud of his card.


Thanks grandma & Grandpa Hoopes for the card. Connor loved it and made him feel very special. Oh the joys of having kids. I just love it!





4 comments:

Jules said...

Way to go Connor

Sims Family said...

Okay, before I read the post I saw the picture. I thought "what a Chrlie Brown Car!" No offense. Then I read it and it made total sense! Your old phone! SO CREATIVE!!! Way to go Connor!!!! And your hair doesn't look that bad. But Megan is still staying with me if you want her to try and fix it a different way... She's good...

Britt said...

your hair is anything but dorky. Maybe try straightening it and teasing it a little in the back.

Erin said...

You look cute!!! I love all the pine wood derby stuff...so fun!

The Hoopes 5