Thursday, October 16, 2008

Our week

We have had a very eventful week.

Friday night we went to the fair.

Saturday, we ripped all the carpet from downstairs out and put laminate in. Thank goodness for some of our favorite people, Sean and Michelle. They Helped out Saturday, all day and then all Day monday. That was our families FHE, even though FHE should be with ONLY your family. They are like family! WE ADORE Your guys and your help.

Sunday, David got called into the Bishopric, which was reorganized, and We are excited for the oppourtunity to him to learn from Bishop Bourgeous. He is a great man. WE love our ward. This is the best ward we have ever been in.

Monday, We worked for a good part of the day and finished the flooring. Thanks again to our buddies for their all day help.

Tuesday, David's mom and dad ran in to town with only 1 day notice to have David's dad ordain him to a High Priest. We had Ice cream sundaes when we got back. We only got to see them for a few hours on tuesday and they helped carve pumpkins with the kids and then Early Wed morning they were gone back to California! Thanks sooo much for the making the time to come for Us.

Wed, the kids had a bunch of friends over to watch Camp Rock, and Dance our hearts out, while their parents got to go to dinner. Yeah, it was fun to dance with them, and boy was I tired.

Thursday, 14 jars of raspberry jam, made, Downstairs cleaned and rearranged furniture. Done!


















My house had never been so messy before!



10 comments:

Meredith said...

You are making me tired! Great new calling. What a blessing for your family. My tuesdays blog has similar pictures of raspberry jam too! Good work on the floor by the way.

Anna Elledge said...

Your floor looks great-want to do mine next??? It will be great to have David in the Bishopric-we are excited for the change.

Britt said...

Holy cow.. Slow down! ;) A couple things... the floors look awesome! I have been dying to do that. I'll have questions for you about that. And I also got my raspberries.. but I have never made jam.. do you mind if I snag your recipe? I am so nervous! I will call you tomorrow!

Krystin said...

what a busy BUSY family! I absolutely LOVE your flooring... it looks so good! Ashley is just the cutest darn thing.. so sweet! i miss teaching her. you guys take care!
Krystin

Erin said...

Holy Cow! You guys have been super busy. Wow! Dave in the bishopric, that's so awesome. I am so sad that I didn't get a chance to come and see you guys. I ended up not staying too long and my car was out of commission getting fixed for 2 days and then we went to Maricopa to see Vonnie. Hopefully next time we will have a fully functioning car and be able to come over and hang out a little. We sure miss you guys. I've been thinking about Rexburg lately and missing the good old days when we all used to hang out...boo hoo!!!

Andrea said...

Your floors look awesome! I bet all the hard work is worth it after seeing how great they look! And the jam looks yummy. If it tastes as good as the peach jam did, it's got to be delicious!

James Hoopes said...

Love to hear of Happy times and blessing for all, we are excited to see you with your "fair" share (as many as you can get in my book). Keep up the good work and we do hope to see you all sooner than later!

James Hoopes said...

Love to hear of Happy times and blessing for all, we are excited to see you with your "fair" share (as many as you can get in my book). Keep up the good work and we do hope to see you all sooner than later!

Mela said...

Hey! just had to say hello! From the looks of your blog you are a busy lady! Congrats on your husbands new calling. My husband is in the bishopric as well. Amazing and wonderful blessings.

Anonymous said...

The floor looks Great! Good job you guys.

The Hoopes 5