Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ethan's Ear woes....

We have always had problems with Ethan's ears, ie, ear infections, blood, pain, etc. not objects stuck in there. So ever since his ear tube surgery, the ear doc has us look in there once a week or so and make sure there is no pus, blood. you get the point. his tubes fell out a long time ago but i looked last night when he got out of the tub, and started crying and freaking out. I thought it was a bone, At first glance that is what it looked like, I couldnt hold him down and wondered if I should take him to the ER but that is over 20 miles away, sooooooo. I went to the next best thing. Sean Thompson our very special friends. It was late, he had just gotten home from a church meeting and he gave him ablessing. David wasn't available at the time. He got it out after he put some peroxide and it loosened it a bit. Then we get home and I look in there while Ethan is a sleep and there is another piece of plastic. I literally did not sleep til after 6 this morning and woke up at just after 8. I looked in and the piece of plastic moved further in. So i thought i will try the peroxide. sure enough it pulled it right to the top. Here is the evidence...not the penny..haha

4 comments:

Sims Family said...

What the heck? So was it part of the old tube or did he stick something in there? I'm lost!!!

Anonymous said...

I second that!!!

Erin said...

That is insane!!! I would have freaked out.

Meredith said...

Does he shove stuff in his ears in his sleep? Does he sleep with a bed full of toys like my kids?

The Hoopes 5