Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Allergies are not a picnic

2 minutes in to the test 15 minutes and itching like crazy, Ashleys you could barely see. Poor guy!

While our medical deductible for the year has been met we decided to go get allergy testing for us all., because it is not cheap. So till december it's free. I already had my turn and was allergic to Dogs, yes we have 2, all the trees and bushes in az, and food allergies, i have alot of them but not as much as my little man. Today was Connor and Ashley's turn. Ashley came up fine, minus hay fever stuff. Connor on the other hand is in BAD shape. they tested 41 normal things and he was allergic to them all! Not just allergic, severely! they want him to do the allergy shots for 3 years, 1 shot a week, wow, that is alot. They want us to get rid of carpet in our home, no shoes in the house, because of the outside world it brings in, Hepa filters in his room, we are going to have a major lifestyle change! anyway ethan and d go next week and we will see how that goes. Connor as the lpictures show, had huge hive looking reactions! He was a trooper and went back to school though.

9 comments:

jenjen said...

I have allergies too! I had the shots when I was a kid. There not so bad. There little. I also got to give em to myself as I got older, which I thought was really cool. I too would like to change all my flooring to wood floor, and we don't wear shoes in the house! Good luck with the lifestyle change...What will you do with your pets?

Erin said...

I am soooo sorry! I can't believe that poor kid. I think Conner deserves a gold medal for that one. What a kid!!! He definitely is a trooper. Good luck with all the changes that need to be made.

Mary Ann said...

Ouch! Poor kiddo! Hanna had that test before.. she wasn't allergic to much though. that looks painful!

zippy said...

Wow, you weren't kidding when you said it was bad! I'm so sorry it wasn't better news, but glad that you are getting the help you all need with controlling the allergies and that you like the doc.

Good luck to D and E!

Mela said...

ok, i know you don't know me, I was blog hopping (actually i was checking out your ward RS blog, we are thinking about doing it for the Palo Verde ward), but i want to say oh my gosh! Poor guy! I had that done when i was 2 years old and i am 38 years old now and i STILL remember them doing it to me. They had me getting allergy shots when i was 2. I was allergic to tons of stuff!!So i feel for your son!

Anyway, i hope you don't mind me posting on your blog.

Mela :0)

Bridget said...

Holy Moly- that is amazing. We have never done any testing for allergies. However, if you do get rid of your carpet, you will LOVE what ever hard surfaces you put down.

Meredith said...

Wowza - I am so sorry you guys all struggle with this. How can you live here and be allergic to everything? I never had seasonal allergies until about 3 years ago. But, seasonal allergies I can deal with. That other stuff would be hard but it looks like you took advantage of the opportunity to take care of it properly.

hoopesfam5 said...

Poor little guy. I think I am going to try and get the girls tested around their 3-year visit...AK's had some pretty random outbreaks lately, and I'd like to know what's causing them.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man! I'm so sad to see and hear how bad the results were. Please look into NAET. It's a natural allergy elimination technique. Just go to www.naet.com. I know there is a gal over in M/T area that does it and has a good amount of knowledge and experience. Those pictures just make me hurt to look at them. : (

The Hoopes 5