Monday, September 15, 2008

Family Home evening

I love Monday nights. I love FHE each week. This week our project will be building a garden box tonight. We were suppose to go to Chandler for a "Family thing," but that didn't work out because David decided to go and get a virus, which has manifested as a rash over a week ago and wont go away. I feel so lucky to have such great people around us in our town. We havent felt so at home since UTAH. We have no idea how long we will be in the brown state of AZ but, we sure are trying to make the best of it. Our stake president asked each of our families to do a few things for the month of August, which we did.

1. cook your family breakfast lunch and dinner. a hot breakfast aka pancakes, eggs, etc. EVERY MORNING. i thought that this task would be really hard, but it wasn't and we have kept it up! and don't go out to eat ( which has been easy because we have been living on very little moola for a few months now) our kids love it and we love it.
2. keep track of your expenditures. List wants, needs and savings. WOW was that eye opening!then total the numbers and turn them in to the bishop, totally anonymous.
3. Plant a garden. Which we did, but we are doing a bigger and better one. There is 4 families in our ward and we are all working together on all of them this whole weekend. Fun project, we are looking forward to.

We did all of these things and it is great to get your affairs in order! I appreciate having so many great friends around to help support oneanother in these tasks! I will post pictures of the garden later!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Great plan!! I may steal you ideas. I am trying the eat out less thing too and every time I try to set a goal of "no dining out" my husband says "I don't play golf. I don't buy video games. I don't buy books or cars (OK, he finally bought a car) ATV's or other guy toys...I want to go out to eat once in a while!" It is hard to argue that point!

Sims Family said...

Question...do hot dogs and cold cereal count as COOKING? I can totally handle the not eating out part. It's the actual COOKING that has me cringing in pain. Have you tasted my COOKING?

Sims Family said...

Question...do hot dogs and cold cereal count as COOKING? I can totally handle the not eating out part. It's the actual COOKING that has me cringing in pain. Have you tasted my COOKING?

Anonymous said...

You guys are such great examples! We didn't get the chance to do those challenges. Oh, and I think about that hot breakfast thing every morning when we sit down to our cold cereal. I wonder... Does "hot" instant oatmeal count? LOL

The Hoopes 5