Thursday, May 8, 2008

Update.....

Alrighty my friends. This post is for you. I am receiving calls, cards, Flowers, Gifts, Housekeepers, help picking up kidss, frozen treats, meals and emails from all my loved ones. THANK YOU. Thanks for the prays, concern and everything else on my behalf!!!! I love you each one more than the next. I wanted to explain a little what is going on. By nature I am very private and don't share things but with the ones I really trust, but here is the scoop so everyone knows it from ME, not second hand.

feb 05- my doctor does vaginal/bladder reconstruction and wants to do a hysterectomy because my female stuff isn't working right. bleeding irregular, my vaginal wall and everything literally hanging out of me,pain from endometriosis ( very mild).... all caused from having babies. my body was not made to give birth or be pregnant!!

2years go by in pain everymonth pretty severe, but manageable.

Feb 07 I started with irregular periods so irregular that my cycle has lasted about 25 days a month. i know you you women are feeling that pain!! ha-ha. That was along with the excruciating pain. Along with the excruciating pain, nasty narcotic drugs on occasion to ease the pain. I have been throwing up and all that goes with that!

Fast forward to April 07 I went to the ob/gyn and he says your system is out of whack, you should have had the hysterectomy done a long time ago. but give me more pain meds and sends me on my way.

June o7 make an appt to be seen, because it is sooooooo unbearable, and they schedule my appt for Oct 07 yes 4 months because the west valley of phoenix is so busy with babies.

Sept07 Im now 30 pounds heavier from one year before and I land in the ER because I am bleeding so severly I don't even want to describe. they load me with drugs again and send me home. They get an emerency appt to my OB for 2 days later and they start running tests, blood, ultrasound, etc. They find a mass in my stomach and it didnt look good. So she sets me up for 2 different biopsies( with no pain med, why???? they seem to give it to me so freely) and they find a tumor in my uterus as well as on the cervix, and send it to the lab. She says it will take up to 2 weeks.. it took 2 days and everything was clean as in NO CANCER. What cancer? The doctor then says, I was sure you had Uterine cancer. oh my gosh!!!! so she runs more tests and determines the best thing again is a Hysterectomy and Re do the vaginal reconstuction, tune it up a bit. so i schedule for nov 07, then dec 07 Then feb 08 and THEN March 30th! Its all done and I am recovering. I am in so much pain, and will be down on the couch, on bed rest for about 3 more weeks, no lifting for 12 weeks and in about 6 months they said I should be back to sort of normal. My cute hunk is taking care of things. we have had many meals come in, flowers, cards, calls, a new soft pair of jammies to recover in. a delicious frozen treat broght by,prayers, a cute friend to clean, a cute friend to fold laundry, a sister in law help clean, a sister take kids to school on surgery day. Thanks to all for helping me recover faster,and helping my man with things since he is still working full time from home too. I feel very blessed for all your love and support

4 comments:

Allie said...

Hi Friend! Thanks for sending the email up-date. I was totally unaware that you had surgery. (I've been a blogging 'slacker' lately.) Anyway, I'm SO glad you finally got this surgery done...it's been a long time coming, eh?! Sorry you are feeling crappy right now but, I know you will be feeling great soon! We're praying for a speedy recovery! ;-)

Give your kiddos big hugs & kisses from us. Tell David 'hello'---what a guy!

love n' miss ya!

Amber said...

I am glad you got this problem taken care of. You are such a strong person to have dealt with this for so long. I wish you a speedy recovery and will keep you in my prayers. :)

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad to see you're getting taken care of so well. Let me know if you need anything...Hope you feel better soon.

Meredith said...

Goodness, Goodness! That has been quite the trial! Now I am SURE you are/were in more pain than I have been in and will be in. You poor thing but it sounds like you have had had great people looking after you - medically, your friends and family. Hugs to you!

The Hoopes 5